There’s growth all around “Pain & Glory” (2019), personal, universal, and out with the film itself, and while there is an overarching narrative, Pedro Almodóvar’s film is as equally about his self journey as it is Salvador Mallo’s back and forth throughout life. A story of pleasure, it is Almodóvar after all, this film accounts for the lost opportunities, the rekindled friendships and plunges back into life, rebutting the dark stupors of depression, isolation and a rejection of the self – all in favour to produce a methodical, grim film which seeks as much enjoyment it can from the struggles of life.
- Juicy Girl Short Film, Audience FEEDBACK from Crime/Action Festival Aug. 2020
- The Empire’s Surgeon Short Film, Audience FEEDBACK from Action/Crime Festival Aug. 2020
- The Body Short Film, Audience FEEDBACK from Action/Crime Festival Aug. 2020
- January 14th Short Film, Audience FEEDBACK from the LA Festival Aug. 2020
- HIGHLIGHT & VIDEOS: AUGUST 2020 ACTION/CRIME/MYSTERY Film Festival
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets