There’s growth all around “Pain & Glory” (2019), personal, universal, and out with the film itself, and while there is an overarching narrative, Pedro Almodóvar’s film is as equally about his self journey as it is Salvador Mallo’s back and forth throughout life. A story of pleasure, it is Almodóvar after all, this film accounts for the lost opportunities, the rekindled friendships and plunges back into life, rebutting the dark stupors of depression, isolation and a rejection of the self – all in favour to produce a methodical, grim film which seeks as much enjoyment it can from the struggles of life.
- Crime/Mystery Festival 1st Scene Script Reading: Horizon Calling, by Russell Knight
- Director Biography – Jason Sanchez (IMAGINARY FRIEND)
- Short Film: IMAGINARY FRIEND, 16min., USA, Crime/Thriller
- Director Biography – Gert Kombate (THE LAST PIZZA)
- Short Film: THE LAST PIZZA, 7min., China, Action/Comedy
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets