Qiyu Zhou is a Chinese film director, writer, and producer based in Los Angeles. She believes filmmaking is the most soulful language as it touches the tenderest part of the audience’s heart. Her films are marked by a fascination with redemption and the recurring themes of grief, self-forgiveness, and its aftermath. They never shy away from using explicit story exposition and daring tones to create their worlds. Qiyu is a tough cookie as she takes hard approaches to soul-purifying pieces with great entertaining values. After graduating from Beijing Film Academy in 2010, Qiyu began her creative life as a photographer, with her work exhibited in Minneapolis and published in magazines. Now she holds two master-degrees of film directing from the prestigious American Film Institute and College of Motion Picture Arts at FSU. Qiyu was awarded as the best female director by Independent Shorts Awards. Her film, “The Koi”, was screened in more than 20 festivals including Oscar Qualified Burbank International Film Festival.
- Juicy Girl Short Film, Audience FEEDBACK from Crime/Action Festival Aug. 2020
- The Empire’s Surgeon Short Film, Audience FEEDBACK from Action/Crime Festival Aug. 2020
- The Body Short Film, Audience FEEDBACK from Action/Crime Festival Aug. 2020
- January 14th Short Film, Audience FEEDBACK from the LA Festival Aug. 2020
- HIGHLIGHT & VIDEOS: AUGUST 2020 ACTION/CRIME/MYSTERY Film Festival
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets