Qiyu Zhou is a Chinese film director, writer, and producer based in Los Angeles. She believes filmmaking is the most soulful language as it touches the tenderest part of the audience’s heart. Her films are marked by a fascination with redemption and the recurring themes of grief, self-forgiveness, and its aftermath. They never shy away from using explicit story exposition and daring tones to create their worlds. Qiyu is a tough cookie as she takes hard approaches to soul-purifying pieces with great entertaining values. After graduating from Beijing Film Academy in 2010, Qiyu began her creative life as a photographer, with her work exhibited in Minneapolis and published in magazines. Now she holds two master-degrees of film directing from the prestigious American Film Institute and College of Motion Picture Arts at FSU. Qiyu was awarded as the best female director by Independent Shorts Awards. Her film, “The Koi”, was screened in more than 20 festivals including Oscar Qualified Burbank International Film Festival.
- HIGHLIGHTS & VIDEOS: DECEMBER 2020 ACTION/CRIME/MYSTERY Film Festival
- Crime/Mystery Festival 1st Scene Script Reading: Horizon Calling, by Russell Knight
- Director Biography – Jason Sanchez (IMAGINARY FRIEND)
- Short Film: IMAGINARY FRIEND, 16min., USA, Crime/Thriller
- Director Biography – Gert Kombate (THE LAST PIZZA)
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets